12 July 2009

1 Liter of Tears

I watched a Japanese drama titled "1 Litre of Tears" in hopes that it would teach me Japanese.  I ended up falling for the drama instead.  The plot is simple:  it's about a 15 year old girl's struggle with a disease that slowly makes her unable to function as a regular teenager.  Her whole life is shattered and she realizes all the loses she now has such as being unable to marry.  I highly recommend it, as Asian and corny as it may be.  Every episode left me crying and wanting more even though you know the end.

As much as I loved the drama, I hated it.  It makes me believe that everyone will eventually fall in love, even if they don't get married.  That's bullshit.  I see people unmarried, not dating whatever all the time.  I have become somewhat jaded at this point.  Was I ever in love? Meh, who knows.  Maybe I was in the dream where I too believed some good would come out of a relationship I want, or was in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment