15 January 2009

Téléphone!

I'm stepping into new grounds when it comes to my thoughts.

I've been scared lately to lose everything I have. In some ways, I suppose I'm quite insecure when it comes to things I truly love. My dad has been sick since.. well, since I was little. Thing is, I believe his sickness is not only caused by his environment/genetics/whatever, but is because of his own beliefs. He is a pessimist and I hope I never fall too deep into pessimism. It's a scary thought. I doubt I seriously will.

I call my family members now.
Well, my Madre still gets on my nerves, but I do call her. Her work must hate me for calling her.

I called my Uncles; both had some hospital work to be done-- appendicitus attack and the other heart blockage, and both appreciated my calls. They told my dad that I called and they were ecstatic.. especially Uncle Henry. He was like, "Wow. I'm really happy you called. Thank you..." kinda stuff. Woo! Points for me. Hahah. Just kidding.

But seriously, I realize how much I can lose... Not necessarily pessimisticly, but yeah.
I realize showing someone you care and you love them, can be amazing medicine to the sick.
And amazing to those who do not take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment