18 December 2009

The Big Butterflies

For some reason, my mind begin to wander until I recalled what my grandma in the Philippines said to me. When there are giant butterflies, there is a spirit visiting or watching over you. Some other Filipinos say that even when the smallest butterflies are there, there are spirits as well, even if it's for a short time. I can't put my finger on why I recalled that but I thought I should jot it down before I absolutely forget.


Last night I had a nightmare. I dreamt of guns, chocolate, and houses. I can't control my dreams. I wish I could though. When I have nightmares, they're not the pathetic nightmares where you're in a haunted house or whatnot. They're always crazy, always extreme where I want to cry but no one can hear me scream. I usually wake up panting, wanting to curl up into a ball, and not sleep for a bit. One of my sisters, Janelle was shot in my dream several times. Like a solicitor, I was forced to go up to houses and ring door bells or my sister would be shot. For some odd reason, my sister held chocolate in her hand. Then, he would shoot her anyway, even if I went up to the doorstep. Before I woke up, he shot her anyway, enough to kill her. I don't remember much more than that. I remember the chocolate oozing out of the wrapper, caramel dripping and looking waxy. It was a sunny day too.


I hate ending with such a bad thought. Hmm. I was looking at World Market sales papers and stumbled upon a wine called "Cupcake." I really want to try their Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, or perhaps their Petite Sirah.



No comments:

Post a Comment